The Animal Welfare League of Alexandria and Ballyshaners present the…
FUN DOG SHOW
Join us for the 2017 Fun Dog Show and the Ballyshaners Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade
Saturday, March 4, 2017
10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
301 King Street, Alexandria, VA
The Fun Dog Show will kick off the 2017 Alexandria St. Patrick's Day Parade. It is an event that brings out animal lovers of all kinds and lets our four-legged friends strut their stuff, shake a tail, and don their finest Irish apparel. Register today and have your dog walk along the stage to show off his or her best Irish costume. The dog contest will be cheered on and judged by the spectators. We welcome animal lovers to come out to watch the show and help judge the event. Prizes will be awarded in four categories: Most Outrageous, Most Creative, Dog-Owner Look-Alike, and Luckiest Dog.
This year, we are pleased to welcome Steve Rudin, meteorologist of ABC7 News/WJLA-TV as the Master of Ceremonies.
Advance online registration is $25 per animal contestant
On-site registration is $30 per animal contestant
All registration fees benefit AWLA and the Ballyshaners.
Schedule of Events
10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. On-site registration and advance online registration check-in
Dogs are given a contestant card and placed in line for their show category.
(Note: Pets are not permitted on Market Square before 10:30 a.m.)
11:00 a.m. Welcome and Introduction
11:10 a.m. Contest Begins
- Most Outrageous costume
- Most Creative costume
- Dog-Owner Look-Alike costume
- Luckiest Dog - Tell us why your dog is lucky!
11:55 a.m. Conclusion of Fun Dog Show
12:00 p.m. St. Patrick's Day Parade begins
Contestants and dogs are invited to march with AWLA in the St. Patrick's Day parade.
- Entrants complete the online form with the owner's name, contact information, canine's name, and costume category for each entrant.
- Entrants are provided a participant number that must be worn/displayed so that it is visible to spectators.
- Each dog must be leashed at all times using a standard (non-extendible) leash of no longer than six feet in compliance with Alexandria law.
- Each dog should have his/her own adult handler.
- Entrants must gather at the side of the stage when their numbers, in groups of 10, are called.
- All participants will be combined in one Voter category. All voters’ decisions are final. Spectators vote by applause.
- For the safety of all present, especially our animals, non-ADA motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- No entrant is eligible for more than one award.
- AWLA reserves the right to refuse entrant participation. All sales are final--organizers cannot provide refunds.
In consideration of the acceptance of the entry of myself and my pet in the Fun Dog Show, I, undersigned, having full knowledge of the risks inherent in participating in an event involving other dogs, freely and voluntarily agree to assume all risks incident to or arising from my and my pet's participation. I also agree to exercise all safety precautions, avoid littering, and to respect the property of others.
I expressly acknowledge that the AWLA, or other third-parties at the request of and for the AWLA, may take photographs or record video images of the event at the Fun Dog Show (collectively, the “Images”), and hereby grant to the AWLA permission to the taking or recording of such Images and to the AWLA’s future use, re-use, publishing and republishing of such Images, in whole or in part, in composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, in conjunction with the pet owner and dog’s name or a fictitious name, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium and in any and all media now or hereafter known (specifically including, without limitation, print media and distribution over the Internet), for any purpose whatsoever. Further, any and all rights with respect to such Images are waived, including, without limitation, any rights of publicity or privacy.
I further waive and release for myself, my heirs, assigns, executors and administrators, all sponsors of the Fun Dog Show, including the Animal Welfare League of Alexandria and its officers, board, employees and /or agents from any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action for damages or injuries known or unknown that I or my pet may have against them incident to or arising from my participation in this dog show and to defend and hold them harmless from any of the above risks that may be caused by myself or my pet.
For questions or inquires about the Fun Dog Show event, please contact Dorothy Martinez, event planner, via email: dmartinez@AlexandriaAnimals.org.